Open League Positions
OPEN POSITION DESCRIPTIONS:
The contents of this page are subject to change to meet the needs of the league. See also: https://www.btsh.org/bruise/opportunities-in-btsh/
- Ensure games are played according to the Rules & promote player safety.
- Ensure games start on time.
- After a game, ensure that the game sheet, including any player write-ups, are provided directly to the Ref Manager and League Manager before putting sheet in ref binder (ex. send a pic of the sheet to Ref/League Manager or other method agreed to by Ref Manager).
- Also, you get to blow a whistle!
- Paid position.
- NOTE: If you’re interested in being a ref, email the Ref Manager, Sam N., at Sam@btsh.org & the Ref Scheduler, Alexa T., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Day Opener/Closer
- This is the point person who will assist with game day issues that arise.
- Arrives early/stays late to help the designated team fulfill their duty to open/close the courts (informs League Manager if a team isn’t fulfilling this duty).
- Helps BTSH Members address issues that arise on game days, including equipment needs (balls), access to first aid kit, scheduling questions, access to permits, etc.
- Ensures refs are available and helps find a substitute ref, if needed.
- Communicates any equipment or supply issues to League Manager.
- Covers shift for either the first or second half of BTSH games (roughly 3 to 3.5 hours). Opener/Closer may sign up to take one or both shifts in a given week. The League Manager may fulfill this role in a given week and get paid to do so.
- ~$40/shift (to be confirmed)
- NOTE: If you’re interested in opening /closing, email the BTSH League Managers, Brian H. & Sarah H., at email@example.com
- Write standard articles such as Three Stars and weekly Previews.
- Collaborate on creative articles with other media writers.
- Submit articles to Media Manager in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to the media content policy.
- NOTE: If you’re interested in being a media writer then reach to Isaac on the sidelines.
- The purpose of the Rules Committee is to review existing BTSH playing rules (“Rules”) and propose revisions.
- The Rules Committee is formed annually at the End-of-Season Meeting.
- Rule revisions should be presented to Captains at New Season Meeting, with the Rules amended by the start of the season, as set forth below in “Playing Rule Changes”).
- The Ref Manager shall be a member of this committee.
Community Outreach Committee (A.K.A. League Darlings)
- This committee ensures that BTSH is giving back to the community (not only is this the right thing to do & part of our BTSH credo, but we need to keep our good standing in the community so we keep the privilege of using T.S. Park.)
- Stay informed of what’s going on in the neighborhood (liaise with the Community Board, Police Precinct, attend community meetings, etc.). Ensure that the neighborhood knows what’s going on with BTSH; promote a positive image of BTSH.
- Identify ways for BTSH Members to give back to the community: participate in beautify the park volunteer days, organize a charity event, organize free youth street hockey clinics, etc.
- NOTE: If you’re interested in joining this committee, please email suz at spasquantonio at gmail
- The purpose of the Social Committee is to organize official BTSH social events, including opportunities for BTSH Members to gather after the games.
- Ensure that expenses are outlined and provided to the Board Treasurer for payments and reimbursements.
- A teaser of the fun to come: Opening Season Party, Olympics, Prom, All-Star Game, End of Season party.
- NOTE: If you’re interested in joining the Social Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.