Announcing the Byron Clavicle Blue Ribbon Endowment for Superlative Quality in Long-Form Hockey-Oriented Journalistic Endeavors
The BTSH Media has never missed an opportunity to congratulate itself. For example:
To address this gap and promote greater lexical diversity, we are introducing the Byron Clavicle Blue Ribbon Endowment for Superlative Quality in Long-Form Hockey-Oriented Journalistic Endeavors (the BCBRESQLFHOJE, referred to henceforth as the Clavicle Award, or Clavvy).
The yearly prize shall consist of:
– one case of PBR (a value of over $9.99)
– a mention at the yearly media awards
– publication on the website
– a bunch of Facebook “Likes”
– the opportunity to brag to your friends and colleagues
– sheer bafflement on the part of all others
Note that there are already some likely contenders, such as Ophelia Baulls’ photo exposé You’ve Got Male (clocking in at 942 words)! Can you do better? No? Try anyway! Immortality awaits– and maybe a Clavvy!
* (They did deserve it, though.)